Crystals play an important part in this age of rapid technological and social change:
- Industrial Tools (Infrared radiometer/cutting tools/drill bits/saw blades, abrasives, grit/wires made of diamond)
- Communications, Electronics (eg. remote controls, LCD displays)
- Control Circuits (in watches, toys, computers and credit cards too)
- Medicine (diamond blade scalpel eye surgery), food and nutrition, vitamins
- Jewelry, Decorative & Collectors' Items
- Fortune Telling, Crystal gazing, birthstones.
Crystals are ALL around us. We live on a crystal planet in a crystal world. The rocks which form the earth, the moon and meteorites are made up of minerals and virtually all of these minerals are made up of crystals.
Crystals do not only grow in rocks. They are also important to life on earth eg: minerals such as calcite and apatite crystallize inside plants and animals. Gallstones have the same crystalline composition as struvite, a naturally occuring mineral. Adrenaline, a hormone that is produced by the body to help it cope with stress is crystalline in nature! Gems are not only derived from the earth but also animals and vegetables and the sea. eg. Amber, jet, coral, pearl and shell.
Each step in the formation of a crystal, stores ENERGY. Location is also an important piece of the puzzle. Different areas of the planet hold different and unique energies, which will affect the crystal's growth and healing effectiveness too.
The premise of working with chakra stones or crystals is that each stone has the purpose of magnifying or balancing the energy center (chakra) you are focusing on. In order to choose a healing crystal, you have to look at several stone attributes, including its energetic quality, color, and the intuitive or personal resonance you have with it.
Some crystals and their uses: (with the exception of Agate, all the rest are variants of quartz)
- Amethyst is a great stone of protection and is known to enhance intuition and help with the release of addictions
- Citrine gives a great boost to anything - finances, prosperity, abundance. It is also a great manifestor with it's sunny energy
- Rose quartz is used for healing emotional wounding, encourages self-forgiveness, acceptance, self-worth and self-trust. All good for self esteem.
- Blue Lace Agate has a soothing, calming vibration and is used for those who struggle with insomnia
- Clear Quartz is a very powerful and effective healing stone. Scientists have determined that our bodies are partially made of liquid silica which may explain it's effectiveness. It stimulates the immune system and brings the body into balance. Helps with concentration and unlocks memories.
When you are fighting an illness, your energy is being depleted by the body to fight off infection. Depleted immunity takes longer to get replenished. Crystals have specific vibrations that can enhance the body's energy; strengthening the process to repair itself and can raise vibrations, ground us and everything in between. It works just like those crazy energy drinks that boost physical stamina/energy, but crystals do it gently & naturally.
Basically, crystal grids are special arrangements of healing stones, used with intention, to manifest a desired result. In a Reiki session or in your home/office/car, you can use crystals at strategic points of energy flow/exchange on the body (chakras, meridians, nadis) or at merging points of sacred geometry for different purposes eg: an abundance grid, wealth attraction grid, love grid, world peace grid and so on. Using crystal grids is very powerful as it combines the energy of the stone with Sacred Geometry (the language of the Universe).